Welcome to Fall Into Reading 2011! There’s no doubt about it. The cooler temperatures we’ve had lately confirm what the calendar tells me: Fall has most definitely arrived.And while I could do without the frequent rain we’ve experienced, I can’t do without Fall Into Reading 2011! I’m excited to read some books that have been languishing on my shelves, and others that have been on my “I plan to read that…someday” list for too long.
I hope you’re ready to read, too! And whatever goals you’ve set for yourself this fall, I hope you’re excited about pursuing them, and that you enjoy every book you read!
Here’s a brief recap of how to be a part of Fall Into Reading 2011:
- Make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this fall. Your list can be as long or as short as you’d like.
- Write a blog post containing your list and submit it to this post using the Mr. Linky below.
- Get reading! The challenge goes from today, September 23rd, through December 21st.
- Check out other participants’ lists and add to your own to-read-someday pile, if you wish!
- Write a post about your challenge experience in December, telling us all about whether you reached your goals and how Fall Into Reading went for you. But remember: this is a low-pressure challenge that should be fun. As long as you do some reading this fall (and enjoy it!), that’s good enough for me.
There’s a Mr. Linky at the end of this post. Please use it to link to your blog post containing your Fall Into Reading list. Remember to link to your specific post, not just your general blog homepage. People will be stopping by for days (or weeks!) and when you link to your specific post, it will make it easier for everyone to find your reading list. Also, if you don’t mind, please link back here from your post so that your readers can come check out all the other participants.
So post your list, grab a mug of your favorite autumn beverage, and check out all the other bloggers who love to read as much as you do!
Oh, and one more thing. Every week (beginning next Wednesday), I’ll be posting a question relating to reading — there will be questions about your reading habits, reading memories, or current reading experiences. I’d love to hear your thoughts on reading, so be sure to check back or subscribe to my feed so you don’t miss a question. Thanks!
For more information about Fall Into Reading 2010, check out these previous posts:
Note: There is NO limit to when people can sign up to participate in Fall Into Reading 2011. You’re welcome to join in any time between now and December! The “deadlines” mentioned in the prize/giveaways post are only for prize eligibility.
That should cover all the details. Link up below and let’s get reading!