Welcome to Fall Into Reading 2010! Apparently, our local weather doesn’t realize today is the first day of autumn (Highs in the 80s? Not quite the crisp-and-cool feel I was looking for…), but it’s true. Fall begins today! And so — hooray! — does Fall Into Reading 2010!
I have to attend a preschool function for moms this morning, but rest assured that once I get home, I plan to spend the majority of the day checking out your posts and getting to work on my own Fall Into Reading stack-o-books.
I hope you’re ready to read, too! And whatever you’re reading for this challenge, I hope you enjoy each and every book!
Here’s a brief recap of how to be a part of Fall Into Reading 2010:
- Make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this fall. Your list can be as long or as short as you’d like. (Also, feel free to modify your list during the challenge if it’s not working for you.)
- Write a blog post containing your list and submit it to this post using the Mr. Linky below.
- Get reading! The challenge goes from today, September 22nd, through December 20th.
- Check out other participants’ lists and add to your own to-read-someday pile!
- Write a post about your challenge experience in December, telling us all about whether you reached your goals and how Fall Into Reading went for you. But remember: this is a low-pressure challenge that should be fun. As long as you do some reading this fall (and enjoy it!), that’s good enough for me.
There’s a Mr. Linky at the end of this post. Please use it to link to your blog post containing your Fall Into Reading list. Remember to link to your specific post, not just your general blog homepage. People will be stopping by for days (or weeks!) and when you link to your specific post, it will make it easier for everyone to find your reading list. Also, if you don’t mind, please link back here from your post so that your readers can come check out all the other participants.
So post your list, grab a mug of your favorite autumn beverage, and check out all the other bloggers who love to read as much as you do!
Oh, and one more thing. Every week (beginning next Tuesday), I’ll be posting a question relating to reading — there will be questions about your reading habits, reading memories, or current reading experiences. I’d love to hear your thoughts on reading, so be sure to check back or subscribe to my feed so you don’t miss a question. Thanks!
For more information about Fall Into Reading 2010, check out these previous posts:
Note: There is NO limit to when people can sign up to participate in Fall Into Reading 2010. You’re welcome to join in any time between now and December! The “deadlines” mentioned in the prize/giveaways post are only for prize eligibility.
That should cover all the details. Link up below and let’s get reading!