95% done counts for something, right?

It’s 12:08 a.m. and I’ve been working on getting my new blog design properly activated for the last few many hours.

For the record, I’m never up past midnight.  Unless:

1) It’s New Year’s Eve

2) I have a sick child

3) I am reading an incredibly awesome book and just can’t put it down

But tonight, I’m up. Tinkering with CSS, adjusting php functions (I don’t even really know what that means, but it sounds good), testing plugin compatibility and modifying image files so they all (mostly) match each other.

(That might be the geekiest sentence I’ve written in my life.)

And as you may have noticed, I have a new design in place. There are a few more tweaks I want to make but it is way past my bedtime.

Anyway, I would say that I have things about 95% of the way I want them to be. And at the moment, I’m stumped on the other 5%.  But it’s late, and I’m afraid that my brain isn’t going to function very well if I continue to play around.

So I’m going to go to bed and hope to figure out my last few tinkerings another day.  In the meantime, let me know what you think!

Comments

  1. Looks super cute!!

  2. Well it’s a very nice new “dress”, Katrina! I admire you for the tinkering you’re doing. I would be so overwhelmed!

  3. Very nice. You’ll get the rest figured out.

  4. Love it! :) It looks great, Katrina!

  5. Well, you certainly are a creative geek. I like it, it’s cute!

  6. Wow, that was a geeky sentence. But can I admit something? I wish I could write a geeky sentence like that! I would have a blank page if I tried to do what you’re doing!! You go girl! I really like the look and colors. Staying up late…it was all worth it. =)

    ~Mimi
    Mimi´s last post ..Teeing Off with Byron by Peggy NelsonMy Profile

    • Rest assured, I’m just modifying a theme to give it the colors and details that make it unique to me — someone else did the heavy lifting of actually creating and coding the original look. I’m a pretty good “modifier,” but could never create something like this from scratch!

  7. Well, I think you’ve done an AWESOME job and I love it! It’s always fun to upgrade the ol’ blog every now and again!

  8. Love it!!! You are awesome. I really love this shade of green.

    I probably see midnight maybe 2 or 3 times a year as well. That’s it. I am NOT a nightowl.
    Jennifer, Snapshot´s last post ..Back to School with Staples- GiveawayMy Profile

  9. Oh my goodness, it looks incredible! I LOVE IT! You did all this yourself? That’s awesome :) It looks really really nice, love all the colors and fonts and that date on the left is terrific! :)

    • Oh my no, I didn’t do it all myself. The theme was created by a very talented designer, but I modified the various elements, colors, and a bunch of little things to make it “mine.” I am definitely still in the category of “web tinkerer” rather than “web designer.” :)

  10. It looks great, I love the color scheme. Very soothing!

Leave a Comment

*

CommentLuv badge